MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN/MAKE READY
Our Maintenance Technicians are a key part of each community’s success. They are our repair experts who provide the technical know-how behind each apartment community. From ensuring the grounds are free of trash and debris, to running work orders, to a fresh coat of paint. Maintenance Technicians have a hand in every apartment and every resident’s satisfaction. Maintenance Technicians are personable, technically skilled individuals with a keen eye for detail, an ability to learn new skills quickly, a curiosity for how things work, and a passion for working with their hands.
As an Make Ready Maintenance Technician at Post Oak Apartments, you will work with a tenured and knowledgeable Maintenance Supervisor. With this position you will have the opportunity to build your technical skills and learn to provide exceptional service to residents. Each day will be unique, requiring a diverse set of skills. You will collaborate with team members to assess and respond to maintenance issues, develop a rapport with residents by being both knowledgeable and friendly, and inspire trust by caring for our community and making our apartments feel like home.
Who we are looking for..
· A Maintenance Passion . You have a solid understanding of general maintenance and are quick to learn new skills.
· Clear Communicator. You help residents and teammates understand the timeline and process for repairs.
· A Team Player. You are united with teammates in delivering the best experience to residents.
· Proactive. You act like an owner, performing regular maintenance to avoid emergencies.
· Personable. You are respectful, pleasant to be around, and enjoy engaging with others.
· Composed. You keep your cool during maintenance emergencies and quickly find solutions.
· Driven. You invest extra effort to reach your goals.
· Solution-Oriented. You focus on what is possible not what is impossible. Provide innovative solutions to situations and processes. You follow through on commitments, letting residents know they matter.
· Organized. You are flexible and able to juggle multiple priorities and interactions with residents and teammates smoothly.
What you are responsible for.
· Repair and enhance our community. You’ll be responsible for repairing and maintaining all plumbing, electrical, appliance, carpentry, and painting needs of the community. On-the-job training will be provided as needed.
· Build relationships with residents. You'll make positive connections with residents by offering a smile and a greeting when you see them and chatting as you make repairs in their homes.
· Respond to service requests. You’ll launch into action when maintenance issues arise, collaborating with teammates and prioritizing service requests to earn trust and build resident satisfaction.
· Tend to preventive maintenance. You’ll safeguard equipment with regular tune-ups, helping equipment last longer and minimizing costly repairs.
· Notice the details. You’ll walk the property daily, inspecting all areas for cleanliness and safety, and helping to maintain great curb appeal.
· 1+ years of hands-on general maintenance experience
· Availability to work a flexible schedule
· Rotating on-call responsibility for after-hours emergencies
· Valid driver's license and/or access to reliable transportation
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Trade school and/or military training or industry designation (CAMT or CAMT II)
Compensation and Benefits
· Competitive pay; commensurate with experience
· Generous benefits package available, including health, vision and dental options. Includes company paid STD, LTD and life insurance
Apply in person at Hampton Woods Apartments