Wehner MultiFamily is currently seeking Regional Managers to become a part of our team! Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Regional Property Manager will assist in the development and monitoring of company policies and procedures related to property management; responsible for recruitment, training, development, and supervision of Property Managers, and shares responsibility for maintaining the physical asset and performance of assigned properties. This position also includes assisting Director and other supervisors with special projects as needed. Travel is required.
Individual must possess a proven track record of successful regional property management experience and knowledge of property maintenance, property marketing, and insurance. Must have the ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing and possess a strong supervisory, personnel management and organizational skills. Provide the ability to delegate and communicate property management methods along with the ability to problem-solve issues.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Establishes and coordinates a communication system involving transaction and activities among Property Managers and the Central Office.
- Hires, trains, supervises, develops, and terminates the employment of those supervised in accordance with company policies and directives; performs performance evaluations on supervised employees; assists Property Managers with site-level employees. Approves all new hires, status changes, and terminations for on-site personnel.
- Monitors, assists, and makes recommendations to improve marketing activities; reviews occupancy status; recommends rent schedules.
- Reviews/audits property administrative, accounting, and maintenance areas to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures; approves all exceptions of same.
- Resolves resident relation issues.
- Inspects properties to ensure the highest standards are maintained; evaluates maintenance, grounds, and housekeeping operations in areas of efficiency. Conducts periodic inspection of vacant apartments for the market-ready condition.
- Assists in or develop corrective programs for apartment communities.
- Supervises and coordinates preparation of annual operating and capital budgets. Monitors and makes recommendations on budget performance and prepares monthly or quarterly summary report of same.
- Reviews and approves expenditures within specified budgetary guidelines. Negotiates and/or evaluates contracts and makes recommendations.
- Established/revises property management forms, reports, and manuals including updates, changes, and additions.
- Prepares and conducts meetings as necessary.
- Participates as a member of the Development Team in design, unit mix, the establishment of rental rates, and other such operational matters. Coordinates staffing and office set-up of new communities according to Drucker & Falk guidelines.
- Acts as primary liaison between Owner or Owner’s Representative and Drucker & Falk.
- Participate in local and regional trade associations.
- Travel is required. Must have reliable transportation to conduct site audits.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Competencies - To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving situations. Project Management - Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and within budget.
Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Response to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality; Keeps emotions under control.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Demonstrates group presentation skills.
Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork - Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Delegation - Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities.
Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies feedback from employees, residents, and owners.
Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources. Works within the established budget and notify the Regional Director of possible variations.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.