Primarily sales position with a strong emphasis on customer service, meeting goals and achieving results, the Leasing Staff manages the sales process, from start to finish; presenting the apartments and communities enthusiastically, overcoming objections, building relationships and creating excitement.
· Is enthusiastic when providing information about the apartments and the community to the prospective resident and schedules visits to the community.
· Determines the needs and responds promptly to resident needs and concerns while being pleasant, cheerful and tactful.
· Quickly closes new sales and leases apartments to qualified prospects at an acceptable determined percent of total prospects.
· Is hospitable when meeting or greeting people and determines if the community meets the client’s qualifications.
· Effectively explains all lease and community policies to new and current residents.
· Supports the overall marketing efforts and offers input and suggestions in regard to promotions, advertisements, etc.
· Maintains an accurate and in-depth knowledge of all aspects of the community, particularly in areas such as rent and pricing information, vacancies, apartment availability, lease expirations, square footage, etc.
· Understands and complies with Fair Housing laws and standards.
· Monitors the community advertisements and effectiveness of responses; maintains ad book and demographics.
· Gathers information about markets, competition, etc. and prepares monthly competitive survey reports to analyze the real estate market trends and conditions in the area.
· Monitors all vacancies and future vacancies in order to react proactively to future occupancy needs.
· Inspects on a regular basis all vacant apartments to ensure they are ready to show to prospective residents.
· Conducts follow-up activity with all residents in order to establish positive resident relations.
· Represents the company in a professional manner at all times.
LEASE/RESIDENT FILE ADMINISTRATION
· Accurately and efficiently prepares and assists with all leasing paperwork (i.e., applications, lease agreements and addenda, employment and credit checks, and leasing move-in packets).
· Completes follow-up thank you notes and call-backs with prospects after initial community visit.
· Maintains current resident files.
· Collects security deposits, rent, and all other funds associated with resident move-ins.
· Effectively communicates charges in units leased status to Maintenance Department.
SKILLS. ABILITIES, EXPERIENCE
· Strong sales and customer service experience
· Organizational, multi-tasking and communication skills
· Basic computer skills
· Attention to detail
· Prior experience in leasing, sales, or hospitality
· High school diploma or equivalent required
· College degree or some college coursework desirable.
· Must have a valid state issued driver’s license.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
· Attends and participates in training as required.
· Assists the Community Director in implementing resident retention and renewal programs.
· Attends and assists in the coordination and organization of resident relations and activities, such as newsletters, parties, etc.
· Transports prospective residents via motorized vehicle throughout property grounds; may run errands as necessary.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
· Requires the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions, including reaching, bending, or carrying
· Requires manual dexterity with normal hand/finger movement and coordination
· Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
· Occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 25 pounds
· Working environment is typically in an office setting, will be required to walk outside to show prospective residents the community and available units, may occasionally need to leave the premises for business purposes
· Requires the ability to drive an automobile in order to make bank runs or to attend meetings
· Requires the use of a telephone, fax machine, computer, printer, calculator, copy machine, and other typical office equipment
· May work non-traditional hours, including evenings or weekends in order to complete work or to attend meetings
· Must have a valid state issued driver’s license.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description reflects the assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned, since all positions are subject to change.
Cheryl Van Dusen, CAPS
LYND | Your Home. Our Passion.